Thursday, January 8, 2009

So a lawyer walks behind a bar....

...and makes a mean dirty martini.

From CareerBuilder, there's a posting for "bartending opportunities." There are part-time and full-time positions. No applications, no resumes, no emails, just call an 800 number and talk to someone about the different jobs. I'm excited about this opportunity. It will get me out of the house and talking to people. It's also decent money.

I took a bartending course during college and I am a "certified mixologist." I've also bartended parties before and enjoy mixing drinks for people. More than that, I enjoy the face-to-face contact.

I can imagine myself mixing drinks, pulling beers from the tap, polishing the bar, and asking people how their day was. Although I can't help but think of one of my favorite episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, "Beer Bad," in which Buffy and several frat boys drink a batch of potion-infused beer that turns them into neanderthals. Honestly though, I can think of a few times when I've witnessed beer turn people into cave people, and I'm almost certain that there was nothing in their glasses but pure hoppy goodness, and alcohol (duh).

So, I plan on calling the number and seeing if there's anything up for grabs in the area. I'd really like to get a gig working a hotel bar. I'm thinking that maybe I'll just go into a few different area hotels and see if they need anyone in their restaurants or bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment