Thursday, January 8, 2009

Legal Assistant/Secretary

A digression before I start. Always remember to save, people. This is the second time I'm typing this entry because I forgot to save and google's server is all messed up. Save, save, save.

I applied for a legal assistant/secretary position with a A. Frazho & Associates, a small law firm in Lansing. I have a feeling the emphasis is on the secretarial aspect, but I'm ok with that. It's a small firm that seems like it's general practice (family law, criminal defense, wills & trusts, etc). It's not government work, but it's legal work, and more importantly, it's a J-O-B. It will be good to put at least some of my legal education and experience to use.

It's a part-time position, which is wonderful. If I were to get this position I could work and still pursue other opportunities (like studying for the Michigan Bar Exam next July). Even if I don't get the job, I'm hoping to speak to the hiring attorney to see if she knows anyone who is hiring or needs help. I'll take an informational interview if I can get it, anything, if it will ultimately help me get work.

No comments:

Post a Comment